Certified Flight Instructor Training
Becoming a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) is one of the hardest and most rewarding certificates to earn in aviation. This certificate allows you to share your passion of aviation with students. While earning this certificate, you will learn how to prepare lesson plans and transfer your knowledge of flying in the classroom and flight environments. There is no greater asset to aviation than an exceptional instructor!
- 18 years of age
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a 3rd class FAA Medical Certificate
- Hold at least a Commercial Pilot Certificate or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with an Instrument Rating
- Satisfactorily complete an FAA CFI Knowledge Test
- Satisfactorily complete an FAA Fundamentals of Instruction Knowledge Test
- Satisfactorily complete a Check Ride
The required times above reflect the minimum requirements for the CFI Certificate. We at Genesis are in the business of making exceptional Instructors. To be exceptional takes more that the minimum effort and proficiency is king. Because of our commitment to excellence our CFI Course takes closer to 30-40 hours of ground and 15 flight hours to complete.