Private Pilot Training
A private pilot certificate is where the majority of pilots begin their training. Training for the private pilot certificate encompasses both flight and ground training. The FAA conducts a computerized knowledge exam as well as a flight exam (checkride). At the successful completion of the private pilot checkride, the pilot will have earned a private pilot certificate which allows them to operate an aircraft solo or with passengers in good weather conditions.
- Provide proof of US citizenship or complete the TSA flight training application
- Be at least 16 years of age to solo and at least 17 years of age to receive the license
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a 3rd class FAA Medical Certificate
- Satisfactorily complete an FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours of flight time including 10 hours of solo experience
- Satisfactorily complete a Check Ride
The required times above reflect the minimum requirements for the Private Pilot Certificate. We at Genesis are in the business of making exceptional pilots. To be exceptional takes more that the minimum effort and proficiency is king. Because of our commitment to excellence our course takes closer to the national average of 60 to 75 flight hours to complete.
2020 PRIVATE PILOT GROUND SCHOOL
Monday and Wednesday Evenings 7:00p – 10:00p
or Tuesday and Thursday Evenings 7:00p – 10:00p
2020 Ground School Schedule
This six week, instructor-taught course meets two evenings a week from 7:00pm to 10:00pm at our Georgetown location. The purpose of this course is to prepare you for the FAA private pilot written exam. Cost of the course is $375* and includes all of the necessary materials for the course including textbooks, test prep guide, FAR/AIM, flight computer, and plotter.
Email info@Genesis-Aero.com for more information or to sign up.
*Please note that once you have signed up and confirmed your attendance for a class date the ground school course is not refundable